Internship Opportunity At CDD-Ghana
The Ghana Center for Democratic Development (CDD-Ghana) is an independent, not-for-profit civil society organization. It has been working since 1998 to advance democracy, good governance, and inclusive development in Ghana and the rest of Africa. This is done through research, and analysis, advocacy, policy influencing, and citizen empowerment. Thus, the Center harnesses the power of evidence-based research, ideas, and partnerships to inform and stimulate dialogue and influence public policy.
Democracy and Governance Internship Placement (12 weeks)
The Ghana Center for Democratic Development (CDD-Ghana) is pleased to announce its Democracy and Governance Internship Program for Ghanaian university students.
The purpose is to offer opportunities for three (3) promising undergraduate and postgraduate students to develop an interest and skills in research, analysis, and advocacy in Ghanaian/African democratic development and good governance in our Accra and Tamale ofﬁces.
A maximum period of twelve (12) weeks (October 3, 2022, to December 22, 2022).
A stipend of One Thousand Ghana Cedis only (Ghs1,000.00)
Required Skills or Experience
Prospective level 300 and 400 undergraduate and post-graduate students majoring in Social Sciences, Humanities, and Law in any Ghanaian university.
How To Apply?
Interested applicants should send an application letter and CV stating how they qualify for the program. In addition to that, applicants should send a Letter of attestation from their university and the most recent transcript from your university.
Applications must be accompanied by a word-processed essay presenting applicants’ views on the topic:
- Ghana’s constitution is now 30 years. In spite of the democratic gains, there have been calls for a new constitution. Do you agree or disagree with the calls for a review of the constitution?
- If you agree or disagree, why? Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For Direct Posting
- The Ghana Center for Democratic Development (CDD-Ghana)
- P. O. Box LG 404, Legon, Accra
- Email to: [email protected] / [email protected]
- Accra Ofﬁce – No. 95 Nortei Ababio Loop,
- North Airport Residential Area, Accra GP
- Digital Address: GA-086-9627
- Tamale ofﬁce – # 840, Mash Plaza Building,
- Rice City, Gumani, Tamale.
- P. O. Box TL 1573, Tamale
Application Closing Date
Applications must reach the Center by August 31, 2022, via e-mail, hand delivery, or direct posting. Envelopes must be clearly marked: Democracy and Governance Internship Placement