Puma Energy is a leading global energy business which supplies, stores and distributes petroleum products in 48 countries across six continents. Founded in 1997, Puma Energy has its headquarters in Singapore and Geneva and employs over 8,000 people globally with regional hubs in South Africa, Puerto Rico, Australia and Estonia and have recently setup a Global Delivery Center in Mumbai, India
Puma Energy has a network of 100 storage terminals, more than 3,000 retail sites, and a presence at over 80 airports. Our mission is to energize communities to help drive growth and prosperity by sustainably serving our customers’ needs in high potential countries around the world
Responsible for the safer operation of the plant, responding to fires and emergencies according to Company policies. Carries out a series of both routine and random checks to ensure the adequacy of systems and equipment provided.
Carries out fire training for plant personnel and supervises the first line firefighting crew. Reviews safety by carrying out safety audits on a regular basis. Follows up on all fire and safety incidents and recommends the ordering of newly identified equipment for fire and safety to meet the changing demands of the plant.
- Firstly, Acts as a fire crew leader, undertaking rescues, spills, fires and other emergencies in an efficient manner as laid down in established procedures.
- Secondly, Participates with crew in all emergency drills and ensures proper coordinated action as practiced in these drills to meet with real emergency situations.
- Thirdly, Practices the use of first aid equipment, breathing apparatus, foam and utilizes fixed fire suppressing system.
- Moreover, Maintains and tests fire protection equipment following established services schedules and meeting all performance standards for equipment. Verifies equipment is in current working order after servicing. Directs fire crew in performing servicing.
- Furthermore, Tests or checks all fixed equipment on a regular basis according to established schedules such as static fire equipment, sprinklers, halos and powder extinguishers. Carries out daily checks on deluge sprinkler and detection system and on the foam tender.
- More so, Ensures that there is an adequate provision of emergency procedures, first-aid facilities, safety signs, relevant protective clothing and equipment, and incident reporting to the relevant authorities.
- Then, Maintains a record of incident reports and if warranted has them analyzed by Safety Committee.
Also, Develops and implements a suitable and relevant health and safety policy.
- Thereafter, Assesses risks to health and safety, and implements measures and arrangements identified as necessary from the assessments.
Besides that, Liaises as necessary with other organizations and relevant authorities, and assists in conducting audit and remedial actions.
- Afterwards, Makes sure that the workplace satisfies health, safety and welfare requirements for ventilation, temperature, lighting, sanitary, washing and rest facilities.
Last but not least, Makes sure that the workplace satisfies health, safety and welfare requirements for ventilation, temperature, lighting, sanitary, washing and rest facilities.
- Finally, Undertakes other tasks as required by the Depot and HSEC Manager
Minimum 4years’ experience in HSE and quality compliance management, with increasing levels of experience in a medium to large multinational, preferably in multi-cultural environments.
Undergraduate University degree in health and safety, Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Safety or Risk management.
Safety standards knowledge.
- Fluent English and French/Portuguese/Spanish a big plus
- Highly proficient in using MS Office
- Occupational safety skills
- Environmental regulations training
- High energy and a ‘can do’ attitude, creating a consistent common sense HSE culture.
- Ability to understand and apply local HSE laws and regulations.
- Ability to recognize compliance and risk issues and situations.
- Advanced knowledge of management systems and practices related to occupational safety and health and/or environmental management.
- Personal and leadership skills.
- Ability to compile and analyze technical data.
Quality Management System Compliance
- Comply and support the Quality Management system in all aspects of your role.
- Adopt and implement the principles of continuous improvement in all aspects of your role.
- Ensure the awareness of customer requirements (internal & external) are promoted throughout the business.
- Review, monitor and provide feedback on the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Engage, support and continuously improve communication processes that support the quality management system and provide positive outcomes for the business, customers and key stakeholders.
Workplace Health & Safety
- To begin with, Take reasonable care for your own health and safety
- Then, Take reasonable care that your acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons
- Also, Comply, so far as you are reasonably able, with any reasonable instruction and training that is given
- In addition, Co-operate with any reasonable policy or procedure relating to health, safety or environment at the workplace that has been notified to you
- Moreover, Attend and actively participate in consultative arrangements such as toolbox talks and risk assessments
- Furthermore, Ensure that any hazards, incidents, accidents or near-hits are reported to your supervisor.
- Most importantly, Use machinery and equipment (including personal protective equipment-PPE) only in accordance with the procedures and training provided to you.
- Besides that, Be familiar with evacuation and emergency procedures and the location of first aid and fire equipment.
- Afterwards, Ensure your activities do not cause, or are not likely to cause, environmental harm
- Last but not least, Minimize waste; separate reusable and recyclable materials from the general waste stream, use bins provided.
- Finally, Clean up spills appropriately and notify your Supervisor.