INFORMATION GATHERED FROM THE COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS LECTURERS IS THAT
THE 2022 END OF SEMESTER EXAMINATION WILL BE OBJECTIVES AND FILL IN
HERE ARE THE LATEST QUESTIONS SAMPLE TO READ THROUGH
1. Her mother,……….is wearing the red suit, is the head of the company.
2. Three-fourth of the painting……….. the artist’s muse.
a) To show
c) C. Shows
d) D Showing
3. Half an hour………… too long when you are at the doctor.
a) a Seem
b) b. Seems
c) c. Seeming
d) d. Have seem
4. Benjamin……………my room for the last six hours.
a. Has been cleaning
b. Have being cleaning
c. Has being cleaning
d. Have been cleaning
5. Asilevi…………..on the project this time tomorrow
a) Would be working
b) Will been working
c) Will be working
d) Would been working
6. Poisonous ferns………. Along with winding road to the red house
c. has being grown
d. has been growing
7. We play better than
8. Let’s…………..take a walk in the park
a You and I
b. Him and she
c. You and me
d. He and she
9 Kingsley didn’t like…………………..past me without saying helo.
a. he running
b. his running
d. he to run
10. Sylvester chose…………………….volunteered for the project
d . Whomever
11. To…………………are u talking to
12 I believe the thief is ………………………….
13. You can select …………… you want
14. It was ………………….at the marketing conference
Read the following and choose from the options below the types of sentences they are.
15. “My car is an old grey sedan with a broken trunk latch.”
16. “Everybody cleared the dishes, turned off the lights and locked the door.”
17. “Mona and kids finished off the punch and cookies.”
18. The cat is in the room and on the bed.”
19. “I ate cake; similarly, she ate banana bread.”
20. “As long as we cooperate, we can be released for ransom.
21. *I arrived before the restaurant opened.”
22. Since 1 posted the letter, I had been checking my email account.
23, “All will be well providing you stay alert.”
Identify the Parts of speech of the underlined words.
This research work is aimed at investigating the techniques that China Achebe employs and critically
reviewing his presentation of the African society and cultural values in his creative work; Things Fall
Apart. African beliefs and cultural institutions represented offer insight to readers in a creative and
aesthetic way that distinguishes the African novel from all others. The study examines how the African writer sets out to inform and project his society and culture in a stylish way that is critical and entertaining, educative and appealing.
Indicate the sentence patterns for the following sentence
29. At Six o’clock pm, most Ghanaians waited anxiously.
30. The ladies were nurses in 2016 after graduation.
31. “While we were looking for an old scrapbook, we found a box of Indian-head pennies in an old
32. They tell the children stories.”
33. “An average person who lives in the Western Hemisphere eats about forty-five tons of food
during his lifetime.”
34. “The man painted the house blue’
35. “For his Night to Paris, Franki, who sought no reward, won a prize.”
36. “Cecilia made her intentions clear now.
37. Which one of the following is NOT a principle for scanning?
a. The reader must have an idea about the item he is looking for
b. The reader must focus on only one or two items at a time
c. The reader must read the whole passage
d. The information that the reader is looking for must be a short one
38. New perspectives are discovered when the author
39. A group of students were given a topic to write for an assignment. The students have to go
through the following stages EXCEPT……………….
40. What type of reading do we find a reader being motivated to read a text properly?
41. This type of reading considers every aspect of the text as well as everything that goes to give
meaning to the text.
a. Intensive reading
b. Extensive reading
c. Close reading
d. Faster reading
42. In packaging our merchandize, Mike works faster than……………………..
43. Between……………………….. she is not nice.
a. You and I
b. He and She
c. You and Me
d. You and We
44. When a student rends to gather general knowledge about the world around him, what type of
reading will that be?
a. Intensive reading
b. Extensive reading
c. Close reading
d. Fast reading
45. Jonathan,………………. we all admire, rides well.
46, Paragraphs can be distinguished according to the following EXCEPT
47……………is a reading technique that aims at understanding and obtaining of a story or text.
48. The final step in the pre-writing stage of the writing process is
49. The reading habit which refers to the practice of reading and going back immediately to read
what you have already read is termed
d. Psychological stress.
50. Which of the following is NOT a feature of a good note?
c. Reflects the source
51. All the following are ways of writing notes EXCEPT……………….
a. a Detailing
52. Which of the following reading techniques is employed at the Survey Stage of the SQ4Rs Method?
53. The concluding paragraph has the following functions EXCEPT…………………
a. to introduce new research idea
b. to refer to cause or effect of issues
c. to summarize main ideas
d. to suggest solutions
……………are to move the reader to make a particular choice or to take a particular course of action.
a. Expository paragraphs
b. Mainstream paragraphs
c. Narrative paragraphs
d. Persuasive paragraphs
55. Which of the following is NOT a negative reading habit?
56. The type of reading that is undertaken for academic and professional purposes is
b. Extensive reading
c. Faster reading
d. Intensive reading
57. Any paragraph that lacks Coherence would lack Unity.
Read the sentence below and answer questions 57-62.
Predictably, a four-month-old Justical gave her mother a toothless smile and gurgled with pleasure.
58. How old is Justical?
b. A four months
c. Four months
59. What is the grammatical name of toothless”?
60, What is the subject of the sentence?
c. four-month-old Justical
d. Predictably, a four-month old Justical
61. What grammatical name is given to the expression, ‘with pleasure’?
a. Prepositional phrase
b. be Object
c. Adverb phrase
d. Adverbial phrase
62. Why is Justical’s teeth described as ‘toothless”?
a. She has no teeth
b. She is very young
c. She has not cut teeth yet
d. She still feeds on breast milk
63. How would you describe Justical?
a. A baby
b. A mother’s loving child
c. A happy child
d. A predictable baby
64. All the following are undiagrammatic way of making notes EXCEPT
65. Selecting relevant points and recording them is termed as
a Notes writing
b. Notes taking
C. Notes making
66. Which of the following is NOT a strategy for making good notes
a. Identify key words
b. Leave margins
c. Use abbreviations
d. Being verbose
67. One of the following is NOT an item, considered during the skimming of a chapter.
b. Topic sentences
68. Which method of reading is employed when one wants to read for pleasure?
c. Shallow reading
d. Close reading
69. When a reader’s aim is to examine a text carefully, the reading method employed is
b Extensive reading
c. Intensive reading
d. Close reading
70. The reading habit which refers to the practice of reading and going back immediately to read
what you have already read is
c. Psychological stress
d, Intensive reading
71. Which of the following is NOT part of the SQARs?
72. An effective communication begins with
73. For a paragraph to be called effective, it must possess the following EXCEPT
a. Topic sentence
b. Adequate development
74. When one expresses one’s opinion about a text after examining and judging it carefully in detail,
which of the following has the person performed?
75. All the following are to be avoided when reading EXCEPT
a) Pointing at words
b) Exposure to much reading
c) Psychological stress
d) Deriving meanings of words
76. Regression may occur in all the following EXCEPT
a) Poor reading posture
b) Psychological stress
c) Divided attention
d) Faster reading
77. When writing doubles back and leap ahead, it is known as
a. Process of writing
78. Which of the following is NOT considered at the pre-writing stage?
a. Audience analysis
b. Purpose of writing
c. Statement of purpose
d. Clarity of expressions
79. Coherence can also be established through the use of the following EXCEPT
a. the transitional keywords
b. the reference of pronoun
c. expressing an idea in a topic sentence
d. the use of the parallel structure
80. A cause and effect paragraph is considered as what type of paragraph?
81. The type of paragraph which lacks an explicit topic sentence but has a controlling idea is
82. Which of the following is a transition used in showing time?
a. In view of
Choose from the options below the statements which are unambiguous,
a. Napoleon saw the American Embassy flying over the airport building.
b. Having been written, Sylvester posted the letter.
c. I admired the sweater Cecilia was wearing with happy flowers,
d. The dealer sold the car with leather seats to the buyer,
a. Franklin will visit the court tomorrow
b. Kingsley bought a pen from the market yesterday.
C. Flying planes can be dangerous
d. We wished to purchase a travel package to Mexico
a. Lost in thought, the bus passed me by without stopping.
b. While walking, his feet hit a stone.
C, When the meat is sufficiently cooked, the next step is to add pepper.
D When angry, one’s pulse rate quickens
a. As a mother, you have to take care of your baby
b. Foreigners are hunting dogs,
c. Each of us saw her duck.
d. The passer-by helped dog bite victims
What are the subjects of the following sentences?
87. “Into the room walked mother.”
c. Into the room
88. “Under the dead body lay the bloody murder weapon.”
a. Dead body
d. Bloody murder weapon
89. “Here is my book.”
d. My book
90. “Eating on the run is one of the unhealthiest American habits.”
a. American habits
c. Eating on the run
d. Unhealthiest American habits