THIS ARTICLE WILL GUIDE YOU TO KNOW HOW TO APPLY FOR GHANA SCHOLARSHIP AND WHEN THE SECRETARIAT WILL RELEASED IT
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR TELEGRAM PLATFORM
ABOUT GHANA SCHOLARSHIP SECRETARIAT
The Ghana Scholarships Secretariat was established in 1960 as an extra- ministerial body under the Office of the President mandated to administer all government scholarships both locally and abroad
Its main programmes and activities fall under the thematic area;
Human Resource Development, Employment and Productivity under the Ghana Shared Growth and Development Agenda (GSGDA) and Goal 4 of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) specifically addressing
- Provision of quality education
- Human Capital Development, Productivity and Labour Relations, thus providing for the manpower needs of the country
The impact of these interventions is found in the areas of increased access to quality training to needy, brilliant and deserving students at the tertiary education level.
The Human Resource deficit in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) is been fully acknowledged and strategies have been developed over the years to address the gap in society.CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR TELEGRAM PLATFORM
GHANA SCHOLARSHIP SECRETARIAT, START MONTH FOR FRESH STUDENTS, CONTINUING STUDENT,OLD BENEFICIARY STUDENTS
- At first, before you can apply for Ghana scholarship, The portal is always open from the month of April to May which means the second semester of all public university.
- But due the changes of the academic calendar for the various university which makes the month of April and May to be first Semester, we are hoping that Ghana scholarship Secretariat will release its application the same month or they will push it to the second semester which will be form May to September.
PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW BEFORE U APPLY FOR GHANA SCHOLARSHIP SECRETARIAT
- First you need to open the web address www.scholarshipgh.com
- Create an account to register( Thus You need to Sign Up)
Things Needy to Sign Up with
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number (e.g. +233 24200000)
- Create your password
- Complete the application form and upload academic transcripts, admission letters and academic certificate.
- Complete an online aptitude test and be scheduled for a selection interview in your selected Disctrict.
A. Applicants are to take note of the following;
- i. Should have gained admission into a local tertiary institution
- ii. Should have registered and enrolled to undertake the course
- iii. The Institution should be accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB)
- iv. Categories of Local Tertiary Institutions (Private and Public)
- v. Nurses/Teacher Training Colleges
- Colleges of Agriculture
- Technical Universities
- Certificate awarding tertiary institutions
B. Continuing students should apply online between 1St April – 15Th May of each academic year.
C. New students who had late admission should apply between 1st – 30th September of each academic year
D. Applicants will undertake an online aptitude test during the application process.
E. Appear before a panel for interviews in your selected district
F. The information of the applicant will be forwarded to the institutions of the applicant for confirmation and validation.
G. Electronic award letters will be issued to the successful applicants by the Scholarships Secretariat.
H. Payment of scholarship entitlements to respective institutions
Existing foreign scholarship beneficiaries will be given a portal to enable them renew their awards annually online.B. Bilateral Applications
Prospective applicants for bilateral scholarship awards will be required to complete the online application upon confirmation of their awards by the awarding country.C. Non-Bilateral Scholarship Awards
All applications for non-bilateral awards will be received online when advertised.