The Management of Ghana Education Service has officially issued a guide for the
collection of one teacher one laptop to those Teachers who have not yet received their
laptops in some district and municipal education offices.
According to management, Teachers who are validated to take the laptops can start
ACTIVATING ACCOUNTS through the USSD format (*790*555#) given by the KA TECH or
on the Directorate’s Official Platforms before distribution takes place in the various
Teachers are to take into consideration how they want to be trained when registering for
the ACTIVATION CODE, either Virtual(ONLINE), FACE TO FACE, etc.
• Time Table would be given out through the Directorate’s official Platforms for the
Where an institution’s distribution ends, non-received Teachers can only meet the
Distribution Team at the Municipal Office concerning the Time Table.
Care and Maintenance Tips on how the TM1 Laptops are to be handled, would be given
during distribution (long-lasting, protection).
• Should you lose your Collection Code, you can retrieve the code by dialing *790*555#
using a phone with your registered mobile number. Do not disclose your collection code to
others except at the point of collection.
• Head of Schools to endorse the photocopies of either National ID, Voter’s Card, Driver’s
License, or Passport of the validated Teachers and in a separate flat file to be used on the
day of distributions.
• Durable Laptop bags going for GH¢ 50 (either MoMo or Cash) to safeguard the laptop
• Channel issues from institutions through Basic Head to be forwarded to the Municipal IT
Officer (WhatsApp or Call) Akuapem North Municipal