The Public Utilities Regulatory Commission (PURC) has outlined processes to compensate consumers who were affected by the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) prepaid purchasing difficulties.
The compensation is expected to commence on Monday, October 24 and Friday, October 28.
Affected customers can visit the district offices of the ECG or the regional offices of the PURC to begin the compensation process.
Costumers can also visit the websites of both the PURC and the ECG to “complete and submit forms for consideration for compensation”, the statement added.
The power distribution company had earlier complained about PURC’s order to pay compensation to customers who were affected by the challenge metering system.
The Managing Director of the ECG, Samuel Dubik Mahama said its regulator acted unfairly with what he described as an “unfortunate” order.
However, per the latest release by the Commission, the management have been engaged on same.
From Monday, October 24 to Friday, October 28, 2022, customers who were adversely affected
by the ECG prepayment system vending failure are to visit the ECG District Offices in their
respective districts and the ECG website (www.ecg.com.gh), or any PURC Regional Office and
the PURC website (www.purc.com.gh) to complete and submit forms for consideration for
ECG, under PURC’s regulatory oversight, shall investigate and analyse information contained in
submitted forms and compensate affected customers accordingly.
3. Only customers whose electricity supply was interrupted due to the vending failure will be
considered for compensation.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR THE REGISTRATION
1.Region: _______________________ 2. District: __________________________
3. Name of Customer: ________________________________________________________
4. Ghana Card Number (NIA Number): __________________________________________
5. Account Number/ Supply Point Number (SPN): __________________________________
6. Type of Customer: Residential/ Non- Residential (underline)
7. Type of Prepaid Meter: ________________
8. Digital Address/ GPS Coordinates: ______________
9. Geo Code: ________________________ 10. Email Address: ________________________
11. Phone number: _____________________
12. Date of last purchase before vending problem: ___________________________
13. Amount last purchased before vending problem (GHs): _____________________________
14. What is your average monthly electricity consumption? (GHs): ________________________
15. What is your average monthly electricity consumption in Units? (kWH): ________________
16. Did you attempt to buy prepaid credit following vending challenges within the period of 27th
September 2022 to 3rd October 2022? Yes/No (Underline)
a. If yes, on which date did you first attempt to buy prepaid credit? _______________________
b. On which date were you successful in buying prepaid credit? __________________________
c. Did your power supply go off due to inability to purchase prepaid credit? Yes/ No (Underline)
d. On which date did your power supply go off due to inability to purchase prepaid credit? ________________
e. On which date were you able to buy prepaid credit to restore your power supply? ____________________
f. Did you have to queue for a long period of time? Yes/ No/ Not really (Underline)
g. How long were you in a queue to purchase prepaid credit? (hours): _____________________