DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the immediate supervision of the Security Advisor (SA), the Security Operation Assistant/Driver shall be responsible for the following duties:
SECURITY OPERATION CENTRE
- Serving in shift-system at a 24/7 SOC which maintains a radio and telephone communication regime with all UN staff in the Area of Operation;
- Receive, process, record and pass all security related information to the appropriate quarters through the normal communication channels;
- Inform the Supervisors immediately of any incident/accident;
- Maintain communication link with the security agencies (police and military) with a view to providing the necessary assistance to UN staff members and receiving updated information on security matters;
- Register and forward all e-mail messages and messages deposited during working and off-duty hours;
- Accurately identify exact location/grid references of all incident/accidents and pass information to the Supervisors and the police;
- Maintain both electronic and manual register;
- Brief the incoming duty security operation assistant on all events, especially pending cases for which action is to be taken;
- Perform radio checks, as directed by the SA/ASC/Local Security Assistant (LSA) and Security Operation Centre Supervisor;
- Maintain up-to-date records of all security section supplies;
- Conduct residence security surveys.
- When required, he/she will assist police during investigations in all security related incidents involving UN staff;
- Provide relevant assistance to visiting staff members requiring assistance through radio or telephone channels;
- Keep the SA /ASC / LSA and Security Operation Centre Supervisor informed of any information or incident that could have a bearing on the security of staff and property;
- Prepare and conduct security briefings.
SECURITY COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Ensure that all communication equipment (i.e. VHF and HF radios, fax mobile and land-line phones) are in perfect working conditions before the start of duty.
- Assist with preparation of UN IDS and Access badges when on day shift;
- Driving office vehicle for the transport of UNDSS staff on missions/field trips and delivery and collection of documents and other items;
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, servicing done and keeps a logbook up to date;
- Daily Maintenance record of the office vehicle;
- Logbooks record as monthly record and report;
- Office car is maintained in the good mechanical working conditions;
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the SA/ASC/LSA and Security Operation Centre Supervisor.
- LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline;
- LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements;
- LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback;
Adapt with Agility:
- LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination:
- LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident;
Engage and Partner:
- LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships;
Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
- LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Solid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- Ability to drive long distances with good knowledge of Ghana Road Map
- Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO is required.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel
- Physically fit
- 4 years of experience in the field of work
- 1 year of experience in telecommunication
- 4 years of experience in driving
DESIRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
- Knowledge in Vehicle Maintenance is desirable.
Required Language(s) (at working level):
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Ghanaian language is required.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to UNDP on estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com to apply