The mission of the Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA) is to advance the mission of the University of Ghana globally.
The officer in the MDF unit will help the Director to implement a comprehensive strategy for increasing charitable gifts to the university, with a major focus on planning, implementing, and managing capital campaigns and assisting with annual fundraising calls. Responsibilities will include active involvement in prospect development and the ongoing operations of the unit.
The position requires performing under pressure with a high degree of accuracy, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
This position reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The MDF Officer will be expected to do the following:
- Assist the Director to implement the strategic plan of the OIA.
- Conduct research to identify annual gift prospect and obtain information concerning their financial capability, special interests, past history and current connections with the institution, close friends and advisors and financial contributions to other causes.
- Determine to whom prospects are assigned for solicitation (Vice-Chancellor, the trustees, development staff, key volunteers, other top administrators, or him/herself).
- Personally manage assigned gift prospects, including identification and research, cultivation, solicitation, and recognition.
- Help ensure the excellent maintenance of pertinent information for assigned past and prospective donors to the university, including names and addresses.
- Maintain frequent contact with assigned donors and prospective donors.
- Assist as needed in the planning and implementation of other campus projects and events such as groundbreakings, new building dedications, celebrations of athletic championships, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
- The applicant must:
- Have a good first degree plus an advanced degree (Masters) in a relevant field from a recognized institution; and,
- Have at least two years relevant post-second-degree qualification experience
Required Knowledge, ability and skills:
Demonstrated effective writing and editorial skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; take initiative; be a self-starter; be proactive and a problem solver; display perseverance; maintain a high degree of professionalism, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Have worked in a complex, multi-department organization and dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with broadly diverse groups of constituents such as donors, prospects and alumni.
- Ability to perform well under pressure within time constraints with the highest degree of accuracy and effectiveness.
- Proficiency in planning, execution and follow up for programs and events.
- Adept knowledge of electronic communications; social media and website tools.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and attention to details while meeting deadlines required.
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism while developing and maintaining effective relationships with high-end donors, alumni, faculty, staff, students and vendors.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to The Registrar, University of Ghana, P. O. Box LG 25, Legon, Accra, Ghana:
- Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional employees (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at: www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Copies of relevant educational and/or professional certificates; and,
- Two reference letters, at least one of which should be from your recent employer with whom the applicant has worked.
The reference letters should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
- Professional competence and work output
- Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility
- General Contribution to the work of the relevant organization
- Interpersonal skills
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to participate in a selection process.
For further information contact: WWW.edu.gh
January 31, 2023.APPLY FOR THIS JOB