The Ghana Education Service has announced a rare opportunity and job vacancies for Basic School Teachers who aspire to teach at the Senior High School (SHS) level.
These vacancies are available in the Ashanti Regional Directorate of Education, and the GES is extending an invitation to all interested teachers to apply for these positions.
The official letter states, “Applications are welcome from suitably qualified serving teachers within the Ghana Education Service at the Basic Schools who desire to teach at any Senior High School. Interested applicants should submit their applications to the Regional Director of Education, Ashanti.”
Interested candidates should submit their applications no later than Tuesday, October 3rd, 2023.
Educators interested in these opportunities are advised to contact the Regional Director of Education, Ashanti, for additional information regarding the job openings and the specific subject areas.
The Ghana Education Service (GES) has opened these vacancies for basic school teachers aiming to teach at the Senior High School (SHS) level. To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Ghanaian citizen.
- Should hold a Diploma in Basic Education (DBE) or a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree in the relevant subject area.
- Must possess a valid teaching license from the National Teaching Council (NTC).
- Should have a minimum of 5 years of teaching experience at the basic school level.
- Must be willing to relocate.
- In addition to the above requirements, applicants will be required to pass both a written examination and an interview.
- The written examination will be based on the applicant’s knowledge of the relevant subject area and their teaching skills.
- The interview will assess the applicant’s suitability for teaching at the SHS level.
The official letter concludes with the following statement: “Applications are invited from suitably qualified serving teachers of the Ghana Education Service at the Basic Schools who wish to teach at any of the Senior High Schools.
These applications should be submitted to the Regional Director of Education, Ashanti, no later than Tuesday, October 3rd, 2023.”