APPLY FOR JOB DATABASE AND IT SUPPORT ASSISTANT FERARI AT INTERNATIONAL FERTILIZER DEVELOPMENT CENTER (IFDC)
DATABASE AND IT SUPPORT ASSISTANT FERARI AT INTERNATIONAL FERTILIZER DEVELOPMENT CENTER (IFDC)
Balanced fertilizers are essential for sustainable agricultural intensification. Widespread adoption of appropriate fertilizers requires a transformation of the fertilizer and food systems that must be driven by evidence-based agro-technical perspectives embedded in multi-stakeholder processes to create enabling conditions for adoption. This public-private program in Ghana “Fertilizer Research and Responsible Implementation (FERARI)” will integrate an on-the-ground implementation program to develop the fertilizer value chain and transdisciplinary research by
PhD’s and Postdoc’s. The program will, among others, interact with the Ghanaian Agricultural Program “Planting for Food and Jobs” to enhance its impact. The graduates will be supervised by internationally renowned universities and strengthen the research capacity at Ghanaian institutions, the Mohammed VI Polytechnic University in Morocco and IFDC. IFDC leads the program, carrying out the implementation component and co-supervising the researchers in the program.
FERARI needs an assistant in supporting the harmonization of data from agronomic trials and economic surveys, population of IFDC-FERARI Files Catalog System and development of
FERARI’s database systems. The candidate will have an education in database development and basic experience in work with database systems.
- Execute work activities under supervision of the FERARI’s Agronomic modeling and Mapping Specialist and Country Coordinator.
- Support harmonization and standardization of agronomic data files from agronomic trials and economic surveys.
- Support collecting and populating data and reports into FERARI’s Files Catalog System
- Support development of FERARI’s database system.
- Participate in meetings support other related activities under the assigned directorate.
- Assist in the collection and processing of data using drone technology.
- Organize all survey instruments for field data collection (KoboCollect – ODK Collect app)
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Extensive knowledge in the use of Microsoft suite
- Experienced in the use of data collection tools such as Kobocollect
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the use of IT in agricultural sciences and practice
- Experienced in working with international agricultural research organization in a multicultural environment
- Good communication skills and ability to teach
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP PAGE
APPLY FOR JOB RETENTION OFFICER AT OLD MUTUAL SOUTH AFRICA
APPLY FOR JOB OPERATOR TECHNICIAN AT UPFIELD
APPLY FOR JOB SURVEYING ENGINEER AT REPUTABLE COMPANY
APPLY FOR JOB GRADUATES TRAINEE RECRUITMENT AT TOTALENERGIES
CLOSING DATE: 24TH FEB, 2023
HOW TO APPLY
SUBMIT YOUR CV AND APPLICATION ON COMPANY WEBSITEClick Here To Apply