JOB TITLE: AGRIC EXTENSION OFFICER/AGRONOMIST
TYPE: FULL TIME
COMPANY: OYSTER AGRIBUSINESS COMPANY LIMITED
Oyster Agribusiness limited was birthed out of passion to change the narrative surrounding Agriculture since time immemorial. Agriculture has been regarded as an unattractive sector to the youth resulting in high levels of youth unemployment across Africa. This coupled with growing youth population requires Africa to act. Oyster is engaging in agriculture in a way that will attract the youth as the company was founded in 2018 and managed by youth.
Agriculture has also earned the poor reputation as a low return high-risk venture. This is because of the use of inefficient tools, dependence on rainfall, use of low yielding seed varieties, low application of fertilizer and poor agriculture practices. Oyster is set up to improve the economic returns in Agriculture whilst managing the risk associated to enhance investor returns. Africa continually exports in raw form most of its produce leading to little to no value addition on the continent. #agribusiness #farming #agriculture #technology #environment #sustainable #africa
- Agricultural extension officers will serve as intermediary between company and smallholder farmers.
- Recruit, train and guide farmers on behalf of the company.
- Adopting best agricultural practices for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supervise the company’s commercial farms
- Operate as facilitators and communicators by helping farmers in their decision-making.
- Ensure that appropriate knowledge is implemented to obtain the best results with regard to sustainable production and general rural development.
- Developing better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improving crop yield, and solving problems for clients.
- Researching and promoting agricultural strategies to counter the effects of changes in soil, climate, weather, and pest damage.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples.
- An HND or BSc in any agricultural related program.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess persuasive abilities.
- Keen interest and knowledge of farming and the environment.
- Enjoy working outdoors.
- Experienced motorbike rider is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in local languages.
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software
- Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Sales and presentation skills.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Interested applicants should their CV to
Contact Number: 0240078310
UNDER NO ANY CIRCUMSTANCE THAT YOU WILL PAY MONEY TO ANY JOB VACANCY WE POST HERE
GHEDUJOB.COM DOES NOT TAKE MONEY FROM ANY ONE
JOIN OUR PLATFORMS HERE FOR QUICK JOB ALERTS………………………………..